Muthayammal College of Engineering - facilities
A GOOD BEGINNING LEADS TO GREAT SUCCESS.
The Muthayammal College of Engineering library is started in this current academic year 2011-12 with stock of 5179 volumes on variety of subjects and also subscribes 30 National and 18 International journals and 57 online journals. Most of the library functions such as Issue, Return, Reservation and Searching books have automated with barcode technology.
To disseminate the resources among students and staff through implementing Innovation of modern technology to create excellent engineers
•To provide worldwide information through Digital Library
•To procure the resources through authorized suppliers and publishers
• To provide pinpointed information to the information seekers to develop their Knowledge
• Lending service
• Reference service
• E-journals-(full text)
• E-book Access
• Digital library with Internet Access
• Information Retrieval & printout
• Reprography service
• Article alert service
Books: Titles 1537
Volumes – 5179
Periodicals: Journals - 90
Magazines - 19
Online Journals - 57
Separate Hostels for boys and girls are available with facilities like 24 hour uninterrupted power supply, pure water facilities, attached mess with hygienic food and with fool - proof security system.
Muthayammal College of Engineering Located 5 km from Rasipuram on Rasipuram – Attur State Highway. The college provides an unpolluted a serene ambience to facilitate focused learning. The intellectually stimulating atmosphere combined with the state- of – the art infrastructure attract students from urban India . The campus is 25 km from Salem and 45 km from Erode
A fleet of 30 buses are operated for the convenience of students and staff coming from Salem, Seshanchavadi, Ayothiyapattanam, Yercaud Foot Hills, Mettur, Mecheri, Nangavalli, Theevattipatti, Omalur, Tharamangalam, Junction, Steel Plant, Edappadi, Magudanchavadi, Sankari, Vennandur, Attayampatti, Vempadithalam, Elampillai, Erode, Tiruchengode, SPB Colony, Pallipalayam, Mohanur, Velagoundampatti, Yellur, Paramathi Velur, TNPL, Erumapatti, Thadayangarpet, Namakkal, Sendamangalam, Belukurichi, Veeraganur, Gangavalli, Thammampatti, Valappadi, Attur, Thalaivasal.
Department of Physical Education is fully equipped with all indoor and outdoor facilities for the staff and students.
• Ground facilities for all outdoor games like Football, Hand Ball, Volley Ball, Ball Badminton, Badminton, Kabaddi, Cricket, 200 Mts Track, etc.
• Separate hall for Table Tennis, Chess and Carrom.
• Well equipped gym facilities.
• Necessary equipments and facilities for regular practice.
• Fee concession to the students admitted in the sports quota those represented national, State, Divisional and District level tournaments after evaluation.
• Uniforms to the participants at free of cost.
• Special prizes to the University, State and National participants.
• Regular summer camps for all the Games and Sports.
• Various exercises, advanced skills, techniques and formations are being taught during the practice session
• Special coaches from outside also arranged for conducting coaching camps.
• The department provides ample opportunity to the students by sending them to participate in the University, State, district and College level tournament and also friendly matches.
• Intramural tournaments are also conducted every year.
• Prizes and certificates are given to the winners and runners-up and an over all championship trophy is also awarded to the winning team.